- 14/02/2017 - Professor Cathy Price featured in "Andrew Marr: My Brain and Me" programme on BBC2
- 2016 - The Wellcome Trust Centre for Neuroimaging successfully renewed its Centre status with funding from the Wellcome Trust for a further 5 years
- 2016 - Professor Eleanor Maguire has been awarded the University College Dublin Foundation Day Alumni Award
- 2016 - Dr Stephen Fleming wins the Wiley Prize in Psychology
- 2016 - Professor Eleanor Maguire elected as a Fellow of the Royal Society (FRS)
- 2016 - Professor Karl Friston awarded The Charles L. Branch BrainHealth Award for Unparalleled Breakthroughs in Brain Research
- Wellcome Trust & WTCN YouTube videos
The Wellcome Trust Centre for Neuroimaging at UCL (incorporating the Leopold Muller Functional Imaging Laboratory and the Wellcome Department of Imaging Neuroscience) is an interdisciplinary centre for neuroimaging excellence.
Five new Principal Investigators have joined the scientific board in 2016:
Dr Steve Fleming, Dr Alex Leff, Dr Sven Bestmann, Professor Neil Burgess, Professor Peter Dayan.
We bring together clinicians and scientists who study higher cognitive function using neuroimaging techniques. Our goal is to understand how thought and behaviour arise from brain activity, and how such processes break down in neurological and psychiatric disease. Our research groups study all aspects of higher cognitive function including vision, hearing, memory, language, reasoning, emotion, decision making and social interactions.
Home to SPM, a standard tool for analysing neuroimaging data, the Centre seeks to answer fundamental questions about how the brain works in order to improve human and animal health. We host and train over 100 clinicians, scientists and support staff, and interact with over 200 collaborators both at UCL and throughout the world.
As well as conducting scientific research, we offer a wide range of educational and training opportunities to support the development of imaging neuroscience both nationally and internationally, and have an active public engagement agenda.