London, May & October 2014
The FIL SPM course on using Statistical Parametric Mapping for
neuroimaging is held each May and October as part of the Institute
of Neurology's short course programme.
Since 2010, we provide two separate SPM courses reflecting the
different imaging modalities. There is a new three-day course on
SPM for EEG/MEG followed by the long-established
three-day course on SPM for fMRI/VBM/PET. Both courses
are suitable for beginners and more advanced users. We advise
students to gain at least some minimal familiarity with the
methodology, for example, from reading introductory articles
available from the SPM web page or by following data analysis
examples in the SPM manual.
The next SPM courses in London will take place on 12-14 May 2014 (MEG/EEG) and 15-17 May 2014 (MRI/VBM/fMRI).
The courses are organised through the Institute of Neurology (contact: Miss Jean Reynolds at the IoN to register).
Externally organised SPM courses
Other SPM courses are organised around the world at different
times of year and in different languages. If you do organise one,
please let us know so
that it can be listed here.
- Lausanne SPM Course, Switzerland, 22-25 April 2014
- This 6th edition of the Lausanne SPM course will focus on how to conduct neuroimaging studies using structural and functional MRI data within the framework of Statistical Parametric Mapping (SPM). This 4 days course is divided into two modules with theoretical and practical sessions covering all aspects of imaging data analysis from spatial pre-processing to statistical inference and reporting results. The course is suitable both for beginners and for those with previous experience of SPM.
- Zurich SPM course, Switzerland, 2015
- This three-day course, which is held annually since 2007,
offers a comprehensive coverage of all MRI-related aspects of
Course material for 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
- Hannover SPM course, Germany, 3-4 November 2014
- The 7th SPM workshop for Beginners in Hannover, Germany, will be held on November 03. and 04. 2014. (teaching language: german)
More information and program:
- SPM Workshops at the Martinos Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA:
- MRN fMRI Image Acquisition and Analyses Course, University of Colorado, Boulder, USA:
Slides of previous courses
The latest course material are from 2013 (fMRI/VBM) and 2013 (MEEG).
Archive: 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2005 (USA), 2006, 2007, 2008 (May), 2008 (October), 2009 (May), 2009 (October), 2009 (MEEG), 2010 (fMRI), 2010 (MEEG), 2010 (Vancouver), 2010 (October), 2011 (Brussels) May 2011 (fMRI), May 2011 (MEEG), Oct 2011 (fMRI), 2012 (MEEG, Lyon), May 2012 (fMRI/VBM), 2012 (MEEG), Oct 2012 (fMRI/VBM), May 2013 (fMRI/VBM).
These can be viewed using the
Microsoft PowerPoint Viewer for Windows or the multi-platform
Online videos are now available, recorded at the May 2011 SPM for
fMRI/PET/VBM course and at the May 2012 SPM for MEG/EEG course.
Higher quality versions of the videos can be obtained on a DVD available for purchase.