London, May & October 2016
The FIL SPM course on using Statistical Parametric Mapping for
neuroimaging is held each May and October as part of the Institute
of Neurology's short course programme.
Since 2010, we provide two separate SPM courses reflecting the
different imaging modalities. There is a three-day course on
SPM for EEG/MEG followed by the long-established
three-day course on SPM for fMRI/VBM/PET. Both courses
are suitable for beginners and more advanced users. We advise
students to gain at least some minimal familiarity with the
methodology, for example, from reading introductory articles
available from the SPM web page or by following data analysis
examples in the SPM manual.
The next SPM course in London will take place on 27-29 October 2016 (fMRI/VBM/PET).
A satellite short course on MR Physics for SPM Users will take place on 26th October 2016
organised by the WTCN Physics group.
Externally organised SPM courses
Other SPM courses are organised around the world at different
times of year and in different languages. If you do organise one,
please let us know so
that it can be listed here.
- Zurich SPM course, Switzerland, February 2017
- This three-day course, which is held annually since 2007,
offers a comprehensive coverage of all MRI-related aspects of
Course material for 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Utrecht fMRI Course, The Netherlands, 4-7 October 2016
- This course is accessible to researchers worldwide, and intended for researchers entering the field of fMRI. The course consists of theoretical sessions and supervised hands on practical sessions on every day. For the practicals, SPM12 is used for data analysis through a number of assignments.
More information and registration: http://www.fmricourse.nl/
- Hamburg SPM 2016 - Course for functional Imaging, 26-28 September 2016
- The 19th SPM course in Hamburg will be held at the University Medical
Centre Hamburg Eppendorf with courses for beginners and experts
(teaching language: german!)
In addition a satellite workshop for a basic matlab course is available.
More information and program:
- SPM Workshops at the Martinos Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA:
- MRN fMRI Image Acquisition and Analyses Course, University of Colorado, Boulder, USA:
Slides of previous courses
The latest course material are from 2015 (fMRI/VBM) and 2016 (MEEG).
Archive: 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2005 (USA), 2006, 2007, 2008 (May), 2008 (October), 2009 (May), 2009 (October), 2009 (MEEG), 2010 (fMRI), 2010 (MEEG), 2010 (Vancouver), 2010 (October), 2011 (Brussels) May 2011 (fMRI), May 2011 (MEEG), Oct 2011 (fMRI), 2012 (MEEG, Lyon), May 2012 (fMRI/VBM), 2012 (MEEG), Oct 2012 (fMRI/VBM), May 2013 (fMRI/VBM), May 2013 (MEEG), Oct 2013 (fMRI/VBM), May 2014 (fMRI/VBM), May 2014 (MEEG), Jan 2015 (MEG-UK), May 2015 (fMRI/VBM), May 2015 (MEEG), Oct 2015 (fMRI/VBM), May 2016 (MEEG).
These can be viewed using the
Microsoft PowerPoint Viewer for Windows or the multi-platform
Online videos are now available, recorded at the May 2011 SPM for
fMRI/PET/VBM course and at the May 2012 SPM for MEG/EEG course.
Higher quality versions of the videos can be obtained on a DVD available for purchase.