London, May & October 2015
The FIL SPM course on using Statistical Parametric Mapping for
neuroimaging is held each May and October as part of the Institute
of Neurology's short course programme.
Since 2010, we provide two separate SPM courses reflecting the
different imaging modalities. There is a three-day course on
SPM for EEG/MEG followed by the long-established
three-day course on SPM for fMRI/VBM/PET. Both courses
are suitable for beginners and more advanced users. We advise
students to gain at least some minimal familiarity with the
methodology, for example, from reading introductory articles
available from the SPM web page or by following data analysis
examples in the SPM manual.
The next SPM course in London will take place on 11-13 May 2015 (M/EEG) and 14-16 May 2015 (fMRI/VBM).
To register, please use the following link:
Contact: Miss Jean Reynolds
at the Institute of Neurology.
Externally organised SPM courses
Other SPM courses are organised around the world at different
times of year and in different languages. If you do organise one,
please let us know so
that it can be listed here.
- Lausanne SPM Course, Switzerland, 15-18 April 2015
- This new edition of the Lausanne SPM course will focus on how to conduct neuroimaging studies using structural and functional MRI data within the framework of Statistical Parametric Mapping (SPM). This course is divided into two modules with theoretical and practical sessions covering all aspects of imaging data analysis from spatial pre-processing to statistical inference and reporting results. The course is suitable both for beginners and for those with previous experience of SPM.
More information and registration: http://wp.unil.ch/lren-spm/
- Edinburgh SPM course, UK, 27 April-1 May 2015
- This course runs every 2 years and offers a comprehensive theoretical and practical coverage of all functional MRI-related aspects of SPM.
Day 1 is for absolute beginners with no or little previous exposure to MRI, Matlab, SPM. Day 2 and 3 are for SPM beginners with little or no SPM experience, covering all the steps for mass-univariate statistical analysis. Day 4 and 5 are for SPM advanced users, with topics ranging from Bayesian analysis methods and voxel-based morphometry to multivariate pattern classification and effective connectivity analysis. All parts of the course can be booked separately or as a whole.
More information and registration: http://www.sbirc.ed.ac.uk/cyril/SPM-course/SPM_course_home.html
- Chicago SPM 2015, USA, October 22-23rd, 2015
- The inaugural SPM workshop in Chicago, IL (USA) will be held at the
University of Chicago with SPM courses and "hands-on" data processing for
beginners and experts. In addition, lectures on neuroimaging will be
provided by neuroscientists and psychologists who study phenomena ranging
from neuroimaging, bioengineering, and social behavior.
- Hamburg SPM 2015 - Course for functional Imaging, 31 August-03 September
- The 18th SPM course in Hamburg will be held at the University Medical
Centre Hamburg Eppendorf with courses for beginners and experts
(teaching language: german!)
In addition satellite workshops for a basic matlab course and for
multivariate pattern classification (MVPA) are available.
More information and program:
- SPM Workshops at the Martinos Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA:
- MRN fMRI Image Acquisition and Analyses Course, University of Colorado, Boulder, USA:
Slides of previous courses
The latest course material are from 2014 (fMRI/VBM) and 2014 (MEEG).
Archive: 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2005 (USA), 2006, 2007, 2008 (May), 2008 (October), 2009 (May), 2009 (October), 2009 (MEEG), 2010 (fMRI), 2010 (MEEG), 2010 (Vancouver), 2010 (October), 2011 (Brussels) May 2011 (fMRI), May 2011 (MEEG), Oct 2011 (fMRI), 2012 (MEEG, Lyon), May 2012 (fMRI/VBM), 2012 (MEEG), Oct 2012 (fMRI/VBM), May 2013 (fMRI/VBM), May 2013 (MEEG), Oct 2013 (fMRI/VBM), Jan 2015 (MEG-UK).
These can be viewed using the
Microsoft PowerPoint Viewer for Windows or the multi-platform
Online videos are now available, recorded at the May 2011 SPM for
fMRI/PET/VBM course and at the May 2012 SPM for MEG/EEG course.
Higher quality versions of the videos can be obtained on a DVD available for purchase.