Advanced Event-related fMRI - Repetition priming
Repetition priming for famous and nonfamous faces
Created R. Henson, 8/7/00, WDCN & ICN, UCL.
One subject's data from:
Henson, R.N.A., Shallice, T., Gorno-Tempini, M.-L. and Dolan, R.J. (2002)
Face repetition effects in implicit and explicit memory tests as
measured by fMRI. Cerebral Cortex, 12, 178-186.
For teaching purposes only - Please do not cite without permission.
- 2x2 factorial event-related fMRI
- One session (one subject)
- (Famous vs. Nonfamous) x (1st vs 2nd presentation) of faces against
baseline of chequerboard
- 2 presentations of 26 Famous and 26 Nonfamous Greyscale photographs,
for 0.5s, randomly intermixed, for fame judgment task (one of two
right finger key presses).
- Parameteric factor "lag" = number of faces intervening between
repetition of a specific face + 1
- Minimal SOA=4.5s, with probability 2/3 (ie 1/3 null events)
- Continuous EPI (TE=40ms,TR=2s) 24 descending slices (64x64 3x3mm2),
3mm thick, 1.5mm gap
- Overview of the dataset, and step-by-step description of analysis:
- SPM8: manual.pdf
- SPM5: manual.pdf (Chapter 29)
- Data Set:
- Stimulus onset times: sots.mat
- Conditions file: all-conditions.mat
- Raw EPI data: rawepi.zip
- Structural data: structural.zip
- SPM5 batch script (compatible with SPM8):
- face_rep_spm5_batch.m (requires editfilenames.m)